Thanks for your interest – yep, my Ebook “Intelligence101: The Complete Introduction to Intelligence Analysis” is currently in it’s final draft stage.
This means I’m attempting to eliminate as many of the spelling mistakes!
If you want to be one of the first to receive the Completed Ebook For FREE – Simply Sign up to our Mailing List or shoot me an email Ben@intelligence101.com
Here’s a quick preview of the contents and topics covered in the Ebook:
Chapter 1 – An Introduction to Intelligence
- What is Intelligence?
- Definition of Intelligence
- Uses for Intelligence
- Why we ‘need’ intelligence
- Where does ‘Intelligence’ come from
- Types of Intelligence
- Intelligence Agencies
Chapter 2 – What is an Intelligence Analyst?
- Who are they?
- What do they do?
- How do they do it?
- Why do they do it?
- When, Where and
- How do you become an Intelligence Analyst?
Chapter 3 – The Intelligence Cycle
- What is the Intelligence Cycle?
- Why do we use the Intelligence Cycle?
- How Does it Work?
- Who Uses The Intelligence Cycle?
- When do we use the Intelligence Cycle?
Chapter 4 – Direction & Intelligence Planning
- What is ‘direction’ in terms of Intelligence
- Stakeholders, Decision makers and Intelligence Customers
- Intelligence Outcomes and Products
- Timelines (and the 80% Solution)
- CCIRs, PIRs and RFIs
- Defining the customers requirement
Chapter 5 – Intelligence Collection,
- What is the Collection Process
- Intelligence Collection & Collection Management
- Information Requirements
- Internal / Organic Assets
- Surveillance and Reconnances
- Technical Surveillance & Data Collection
- Research and Open Source Exploitation
- Cyber Exploitation and Intelligence
- Intelligence Databases and Existing Holdings
- Tasking SANDA and ongoing collection
Chapter 5 – Intelligence Analysis & Assessment (Aka ‘Processing’)
- What is Intelligence Analysis
- How does the Analysis Phase Work?
- Intelligence Tools, Methods and Techniques
- Five Thinking Hats
- War gaming
- Indicators and Warnings
- Hot Spot Analysis & Crime Mapping
- Evaluating Sources and Information
Sub Chapter – Intelligence Assessments
- What is an Intelligence Assessment?
- What does it look like?
- So what, what does it mean?
- What could happen, therefore I must?
- Making a call and trusting your judgement
- “We assess that…”
- Probability Indicators
- Standing by your assessment
Chapter 7 – Dissemination of Intelligence
- What is the dissemination phase?
- Communicating your findings and assessment (answering the question)
- Written Intelligence Briefs
- Intelligence Presentations and Oral Briefings
- How to structure your assessments
- Considerations for release
- Need to know
- Security classifications
- Tips, tricks and my favourite techniques
- Never Make It Up!
- I’ll get back to you
Chapter 8 – Outcomes, and Uses of Intelligence
- Measuring the success of Intelligence
- Making Recommendations. An Intelligence taboo.
Chapter 9 – Practical Intelligence Exercise
- Goal of this practical Intelligence Exercise
- Rules of the game
Here’s two ways to get access to my Ebook For FREE! Either Sign up to the Intelligence101 Newsletter or post a comment in the comment section below for a copy of my Ebook: “Intelligence101: The Complete Introduction to Intelligence Analysis“!