Your Director Needs A Quick Assessment Before Her 9am Meeting –
Situation: You are a Criminal Intelligence Analyst working in the Avon and Somerset Police, located in Bristol UK.
You’ve been assigned to the Criminal Intelligence Branch (C.I.B) – with an operational focus on Organised Crime in Bristol, UK.
It’s 8:05am and you’ve just arrived in the office carrying a fresh coffee and toasted ham and cheese croissant.
But before you get to put the flaky-pastry to your mouth, the C.I.B Director needs to see you in her office…
…you take a quick swig of your coffee, grab your notebook and pen and head in.
“I need you to tell me what’s going on here”
She hands you a file containing a mix-mash of Police reporting, and tells you she needs a quick assessment before her meeting with the Commissioner at 9am.
This Criminal Group are up to something, and we need to know what it is –
I need you to read into the problem and provide me a quick summary.
Now to get down to business…. (click image for PDF Scenario).
Analyse the Crimson Tide Organised Criminal Syndicate
- You have less than 1 hour to read the available information and provide a quick assessment to the chief.
- She needs to know the bottom line up front – what are they doing in Bristol?
- Provide her a summary she can take to the Commissioner
- Put your response in the comments below.
- Provide her with a summary of the reporting and assessment of what you think is going on.
- Make a recommendation for further Intelligence Collection
Review the information and using the comments section below, provide an quick assessment to inform your Director what is going on?
- This is a made-up scenario for exercise purposes only.
- Use what you’ve been given – there’s enough to go off.
- Feel free to ask questions, put in collection requests and post images including link diagrams, timelines etc.
- The information is in no particular order.
- Let me know if you have any issues – post in the comments or email me email@example.com
Do you speak Spanish? Our Intelligence Training Scenario has been translated by our friends over at AETAD for our Spanish audience Check it out here – Escenario de Crimson Tide Intelligence (traducción al español).
Also, we know it’s not easy to find real-world Intelligence examples online. That’s why we develop these free scenarios – to help you think critically. So if you want to step up your intel game, check out our (inexpensive) online intelligence training today. It’s packed full of real life examples.